Rosebud Soccer Club was founded in 1950, when Arthur Brant put an advertisement on the Rosebud Cinema Screen looking for soccer players to form a club in the area. Vagn Anderson, Harold Sheppard and Ted Mount attended the first meeting, which was held at the old Scout Hall on the Rosebud Foreshore. They were all sent away to recruit more players. The following year the joined the Peninsula Soccer League, which had been formed that year Frankston. The club played on the Rosebud Football ground, which was opposite the Rosebud Hotel, until Nepean highway was extended onto the ground. Therefore having to find a new ground to play games. We got permission off Red Hill Cricket Club at Main Ridge to play at their ground, we played there for approximately 2 years, and then we moved to Boneo Road Cricket Club, we had been asking the Flinders Shire Council for a permanent ground for the club, eventually we were given the old tip ground at Lawson Crescent in Rosebud. However, there were no facilities there so everyone changed in their car or behind the bushes.
In 1953, Rosebud Soccer Club joined the VASF. Over the next decade, the club was very successful winning several trophies and ending up in division 2 of the VASF. In 1962, the club folded when Arthur Brant and Vagn Anderson left to pursue other interests. However, in November 1966 the club reformed when Arthur and Vagn returned they were the driving force of the club. The club still had no facilities. Two changing rooms were made from off cuts of pine bark edging but had no roof. These were used for more than a year until The Shire of Flinders gave permission to build change room; money was raised to do this. In 1973/74 Michael Forde, Andy Allen, John Cardwell and many more were the next generation to lead the club forward for the next fifteen years. In 1975 a junior programme was started and led by Dave Humphries and Sally Bendle we had four teams in the league until the late 80’s, when the club found it to difficult to recruit juniors and they folded. In 1976, the club was relocated to the present day venue at Olympic Park Besgrove Street, Rosebud. In 1986, the club joined the newly formed Bayside League. At the end of the Michael Forde era, we witnessed people like Danny Ford, Dave Gallimore and the new driving force Mark Golby to take the club into the next era. In the ninety’s the club dominated the Bayside League and cup competitions, the league was won eight times, the cup competition three times and the reserve cup once. The most successful coach intimately from 1988 to 2000 is Stan packer who collected six trophies. In 1997 the old clubrooms received a massive facelift, in this process the original change rooms which also received a facelift was named the Jim Bennett Room in recognition of all the work Jim has done at the club in the many years. In 2001, Troy Hicks approached the club about his children wanting to play soccer but the closest club being Mornington. It was from there with Wes Moore and the committee Troy started the juniors back up at the club. After alot of meeting and research in 2002 the juniors was started up along with the help from Mornington and Langwarrin Soccer Clubs. Since then the juniors has grown stronger every year.